Boro sign new players in transfer window
Two strikers - experienced League man Isaiah Rankin and young gun Elliott Buchanan – were added by Boro boss Peter Taylor on transfer deadline day. Rankin, 29, has signed until the end of the season from Grimsby, while 18-year-old hotshot Buchanan is on a
Two strikers - experienced League man Isaiah Rankin and young gun Elliott Buchanan - were added by Boro boss Peter Taylor on transfer deadline day.
Rankin, 29, has signed until the end of the season from Grimsby, while 18-year-old hotshot Buchanan is on a two-year deal after averaging nearly a goal a game for Northwood in the Ryman League Division One North this season.
Scott Laird was also confirmed as a Boro player in a two-year deal from Plymouth.
The one departure was flying winger Craig Dobson who joined League Two promotion seekers MK Dons for an undisclosed five-figure fee plus a significant share of any future transfer fees. Boro will also receive further payments if the Bucks side are promoted.
Boro's home match against Forest Green Rovers this month has been moved back 24 hours to Wednesday, February 13 (7.45pm ko). The visit of York has been rearranged for April Fool's Day, also with a 7.45pm ko.
- 1 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 5 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 9 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 10 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review