Boro receive fitness boost
Strike duo return to the fold after injury
STEVENAGE will be boosted by the return to fitness of strikers Chris Beardsley and Ben May ahead of Saturday’s home clash with Scunthorpe United.
Beardsley had been out for a couple of weeks due to a back problem but has trained this week, while May has worked his way back to full fitness following a spell on the sidelines.
However, Darius Charles still remains doubtful for the visit of Alan Knill’s side as he is still struggling with knock suffered in a friendly match before last weekend’s trip to Carlisle.
Latest signing, Don Cowan, is edging closer to making his first team debut, though, and manager Graham Westley says the former Longford Town man could resume full training next week.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Don, during his trial, took a nasty knock and he tweaked open a ligament. It was originally hoped that it would be a two to three-week injury but it now looks like it’s going to be a four, five or six-week injury now. He had another scan on it this week and he’s not far away now and he should be back on the training ground within the next week or so and it will be question of getting him fit and ready to go.
“We’ve had Ben May back this week which is nice but it’s touch and go on Darius so we’ll see how he goes before the weekend.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years