Boro looking to make a move in January transfer window
Chairman Phil Wallace has ‘irons in the fire’
BORO chairman Phil Wallace hopes to bring one or two players into the club in January.
Stevenage signed five players in the summer and have since signed Chris Holroyd and James O’Shea on loan as well as striker Ben May on a permanent deal until the end of the season.
Wallace said in his programme notes for Saturday’s match with Chesterfield that the club has ‘irons in the fire for one or two more to come in January”.
The Boro chairman said: “We are starting to remodel the squad to go from being Conference champions to challenging to be League 2 champions and we don’t believe that much change is required to get up amongst the top three by Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“We also have a few good quality players working with us every day who are not yet fit enough to cope with League 2, for one reason or another, and we have irons in the fire for one or two more to come in January.
“We won’t make wholesale changes but we will seek to improve a few positions.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 5 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 9 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals