Boro in for Rendell
Posh claim club have spoken to striker about a move to the Lamex Stadium
BORO are interested in signing Scott Rendell according to the striker’s current club Peterborough United.
The former Cambridge United striker has found his opportunities limited since joining Posh in February 2008 and has spent time on loan back at Cambridge, where his brace knocked Boro out of the 2008/09 play-offs, and at Torquay where he scored 13 goals in 39 appearances last season.
Peterborough director of football Barry Fry confirmed Boro have spoken to the 23-year-old, telling BBC Radio Cambridgeshire: “He’s already spoken to Burton, Stevenage and Wycombe.
“There are four clubs in for Scott. He is happy down in Torquay, but they have got no money so I can’t do a deal.”
You may also want to watch:
Rendell has two-years left on his deal at London Road and despite Posh being keen to offload the striker they are demanding a transfer fee.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 7 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 8 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 9 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision