Boro girl backs her team with new tattoo
ONE Boro fan has gone to extraordinary lengths to show her support for her beloved team. Natalie Todd has had the Boro badge tattooed on her lower back with the name of favourite player Mitchell Cole just underneath and despite the pain she had to endure
ONE Boro fan has gone to extraordinary lengths to show her support for her beloved team.
Natalie Todd has had the Boro badge tattooed on her lower back with the name of favourite player Mitchell Cole just underneath and despite the pain she had to endure to get the badge done the 21-year-old is delighted to have gone through with it.
"I got it done because I love them," she told The Comet.
"I'd wanted it done for ages and I went to the guy who does my tattoos and asked him if he could do emblems and he offered me a good price so I decided to do it.
"I've got some dinky tattoos already but nothing this big.
"I'm so pleased with how it's turned out.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 7 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 10 Award-winning Hitchin nursery celebrates bumper year for staff
"It was very painful and I had it done in a two hour sitting."
Natalie is a big Mitchell Cole fan and it was his arrival at the Lamex Stadium that began her love affair with the club.
"I've been following Boro for three years," revealed Natalie.
"I've always followed Mitchell Cole's career since he was a junior with West Ham and then I met my partner in Sandy who also supported Boro.
"What I love about Boro is that you can get really close to the team.
"I don't know if it's like that with other teams but I don't intend to find out.
"Graham Westley wished my son a happy first birthday last year which he didn't have to do and it made his day."
Natalie travels from Cambridgeshire to watch her team and travelled to Wembley last month to watch Boro lift the FA Trophy against York City. She is hoping Westley's men can make a better start to the new campaign than they managed to do last season.
"I live in St Neots and we pay all that petrol money to go and watch Boro - people think we're crazy!
"I'm hoping that they can make a better start than last season and show that they can stay up there at the top.
"Wembley was a first for me. It was a great day out and I've never been anywhere so big.
"I'm gutted that Steve Morison left the club for Millwall but I can't wait for the new season to start and to see the new players in action.