Boro get set for Hereford test
Westley’s side hoping for back-to-back away wins
STEVENAGE will be looking to record back-to-back wins when they face basement side Hereford United tonight.
Boro notched their first away win of the season at Lincoln on Saturday thanks to on-loan Chris Holroyd’s debut goal and hopes are high that Graham Westley’s side can come away from Herefordshire with another three points to their name.
Edgar Street was a happy hunting ground for Boro during the Bulls’ Conference days but manager Westley insists his team will be taking nothing for granted against the only team in League 2 not to have registered a home win in four attempts so far this season and scoring just once.
“Hereford is of course a place we know well,” said Westley.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a tough place to visit but we have happy memories there with our play-off win in 2005. Hereford have now moved on from their Conference days and we will prepare for the game in the normal way.”
The Boro boss remained tight-lipped about the prospects of skipper Mark Roberts returning for the trip after missing the clash at Lincoln and said: “Robbo is injured and who knows how quickly it takes our bodies to recover?”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 7 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out