Boro confirm Nottingham Forest’s interest in Leon Hunter
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage’s head of recruitment on Forest’s wish list as they look to appoint new director of football
Phil Wallace says Leon Hunter is ‘loving his role’ at Stevenage after confirming that Nottingham Forest are interested in Boro’s head of recruitment.
Reports late last week suggested that Forest wished to make Hunter the club’s director of football and had approached Stevenage.
Speaking today about the Championship club’s interest, Boro chairman Wallace told the Comet: “They are not the first club to show an interest in him and I doubt they’ll be the last since he’s a talented young man with an extensive knowledge of British and overseas players and agents.
“However he’s loving the role at Stevenage and has a high level of autonomy and responsibility, so I don’t think it will be that easy for him to be enticed away.
You may also want to watch:
“However, as with professional players, if any individual working in football has the chance to move to the highest level, I’m sure he or she will do so.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 10 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made