Boro boss pleased FGR clash called off
Boro boss Graham Westley is pleased tonight s re-scheduled match against Forest Green Rovers has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. The big freeze has played havoc with the club s training regime over the last week with the club struggling to f
Boro boss Graham Westley is "pleased" tonight's re-scheduled match against Forest Green Rovers has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
The big freeze has played havoc with the club's training regime over the last week with the club struggling to find places every player can easily get to.
And Westley admitted to a sense of relief that his players would not go in to the game against the Blue Square strugglers feeling underprepared.
"To be honest I'm pleased it's been called off," he told The Comet. "It's been really difficult for the last 10 days in terms of training. We've been travelling around the country to find somewhere that everyone can make it to.
You may also want to watch:
"When you have players coming from as far and wide as we do then it makes it difficult and we have not trained as much as we would have liked.
"Having said that, I'm sure we would have coped had the match gone ahead but it gives us just a little bit more time to get everything right."
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
The Boro squad are training at The David Beckham Academy later on today and Westley paid tribute to the attitude of his players during the enforced break.
"The boys have been brilliant. They know how important it is to keep the intensity up at this stage of the season and they have been doing their own work to keep their sharpness up.