Boro back charity run
Boro s first team squad will don Santa suits for the Leukaemia CARE 5k fun run next month. The charity run on Sunday, December 10, will start at 11am from the stadium at Broadhall Way, follow a course through Fairlands Valley Park and finish back at the g
Boro's first team squad will don Santa suits for the Leukaemia CARE 5k fun run next month.
The charity run on Sunday, December 10, will start at 11am from the stadium at Broadhall Way, follow a course through Fairlands Valley Park and finish back at the ground.
An entry fee of only £10 includes a Santa suit to wear for the event. You can of course get friends, workmates and family to sponsor you.
The run is to help raise awareness and much-needed funds for the charity that offers help and advice to families, friends and those undergoing treatment for Leukaemia, Lymphoma and allied blood disorders.
You may also want to watch:
The players were happy to give up their free time for the event when asked by Boro's commercial manager Clive Abrey.
He said: "When I asked the players if they would mind coming in on their day off, they all agreed that it was an excellent idea.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 9 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
"Even when I told them they would have to wear Santa suits, they weren't phased.
"The players enjoy a very special relationship with the fans here and this is a great way for them all to get together for a good day while raising money for a very worthwhile cause.
"It will be a lot of fun, and a very healthy way to spend a Sunday morning."
Application forms are available from the club shop or download one from www.run4leukaemia.org.uk