Boreham Wood shock Stevenage in eight goal thriller
- Credit: Archant
On loan Luton Town striker Angol helps knock Boro out of Herts Senior Cup
Stevenage were knocked out of the Herts Senior Cup by Boreham Wood on Tuesday evening.
In a game against a side who ply their trade in the Conference South, a fairly strong Stevenage side came back from 3-1 down to draw level only to then concede twice more to lose the tie 5-3.
The Boro team included nine players who have featured in the club’s first team either this season or the end of the last campaign, including striker Calvin Zola who is still building up his fitness following injury.
Jo N’Guessan gave Boro the lead before Wood scored three goals courtesy of Lee Angol and Matthew Wichelow (two).
You may also want to watch:
Fejiri Okenabirhie struck back for Stevenage before the same player scored his second of the game to make it 3-3.
However, the visitors then added two more themselves thanks to a brace from on-loan Luton Town striker Angol to complete his hat-trick.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
Stevenage: Beasant, Casey, Bond (Smyth 62), Johnson, Dembele, Deacon, Conlon, Gorman (Kennedy 62), N’Guessan, Okenabirhie, Zola (Yamfam 74). Subs: Reading, Millard.