Bone marrow donors called to register
BONE marrow donors are desperately needed in North Herts which is why Letchworth Round Table recently met with The Anthony Nolan Trust to discuss its recruitment campaign. Laura Meadowcroft, the ANT South East s donor recruitment manager, came to Plinston
BONE marrow donors are desperately needed in North Herts which is why Letchworth Round Table recently met with The Anthony Nolan Trust to discuss its recruitment campaign.
Laura Meadowcroft, the ANT South East's donor recruitment manager, came to Plinston Hall, Letchworth GC, to explain how local organisations can help and the procedures involved.
Laura said: "The ANT welcomes Round Table's support of our life-saving work. Please do what you can to help the thousands of patients who are urgently seeking a bone marrow donor.
"The more young people that register, the more patients will have a bright future in front of them.
You may also want to watch:
"Not only were there members of Letchworth Round Table in attendance on the night but there were representatives from the Letchworth and Baldock Lions and Hitchin Round Table who have also pledged their support for the recruitment clinic."
Letchworth Eagles Football Club is also backing the campaign to encourage 18 to 30-year-olds to register and possibly save a life.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
The clinic is being held at Plinston Hall, Broadway, Letchworth GC, on Thursday, March 8 between 4.30pm and 8.30pm.