Bone marrow donor event to be held in memory of Hitchin girl
- Credit: Archant
An event organised in memory of a woman who died battling blood cancer will be held tomorrow in a bid to get more people to sign up to become bone marrow donors.
The Jaskomal Foundation is continuing its donor registration drive at the Sri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara in Wilbury Way, Hitchin.
The foundation was set up after Jaskomal Sher-gill died in 2013, in a bid to get more ethnic minorities to join the bone marrow register.
The 23-year-old, who was from Hitchin but moved to Clifton shortly before her death, was donated blood cells by brother Joban, but she later died from a chest infection contracted because her immune system was too low.
The event runs from 9am and 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more visit www.jaskomalfoundation.org.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years