Body found in Clifton river
A man was found dead in a river in Clifton at lunchtime today (Wednesday).
The Clifton man in his 30s, who has yet to be formally identified, was discovered in the River Ivel near Stanford Lane shortly before 11.45am.
Beds Police and ambulance crews from Biggleswade, Letchworth GC and Kempston were scrambled to the scene.
The man was pronounced dead at the riverside by paramedics.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “First and foremost our thoughts are with the man’s family at this tragic time.”
You may also want to watch:
Beds Police said they are not treating the death as suspicious.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years