A FOOTBALLING legend kicked off the launch of a company s involvement with a charity for the terminally ill. Former goalkeeper for Arsenal and Scotland, Bob Wilson, attended the Letchworth GC-based company, Basilica Computing, as it announced The Willow F
A FOOTBALLING legend kicked off the launch of a company's involvement with a charity for the terminally ill.
Former goalkeeper for Arsenal and Scotland, Bob Wilson, attended the Letchworth GC-based company, Basilica Computing, as it announced The Willow Foundation as its official charity.
The Willow Foundation - which provides special days for young adults living with life-threatening diseases - was set up by Bob and his wife, Megs, in memory of their daughter, Anna, who used to be a nurse at Lister Hospital and died of cancer, aged 31.
Basilica's sales director, Nick Wiltshire, said: "It's our charity of choice for this year and we hope to be able to raise significant funds."
You may also want to watch:
The company aims to raise £20,000 over the next year for the cause and already has fundraising ideas up its sleeve.
At the charity's annual ball in March, they will auction a prize of a day on the fastest sail boat in the world - owned by Basilica - for 10 people.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
It also owns a box at Reading FC and intends to auction a prize for 10 fans to watch a game from there.
Other fundraising ideas proposed include sponsored diets, fun runs and the London Marathon.