Filming for revived Blind Date series in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Filming took place in a Hitchin park yesterday for an edition of iconic dating game show Blind Date.
The cameras and crew were at Bancroft Recreation Ground yesterday morning for the shoot – and site owners North Herts District Council confirmed to the Comet that the filming was for Blind Date, which was revived last year on Channel 5.
The producers do not yet have a transmission date for the episode.
Blind Date was originally hosted by Cilla Black for 18 series on ITV between 1985 and 2003. Comedian Paul O’Grady presents the new series, with Melanie Sykes providing the voiceover.
The show format sees three singles introduced to the audience, and then asked questions by a would-be date on the other side of a partition – who can hear but not see them. The person beyond the partition then has to choose a contestant to go out with.
You may also want to watch:
There were three Blind Date weddings during the show’s original run. Sue Middleton and Alex Tatham, who met on the show in 1988, married in 1991 and marked 25 years together in 2013.
Lilian Morris and David Fenson married in 1994, having got engaged 12 days after meeting – and in 1998 Anna Azonwanna and Paul Pratt tied the knot, five years on from when she picked him on the show.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair