Stevenage winger departs for Boreham Wood ahead of busy January transfer window
- Credit: Archant
Boreham Wood have completed the signing of Stevenage FC winger Blair Turgott on a free transfer.
The 23-year-old has been on loan at The National League side since September – scoring three goals in 11 appearances – and joins the club permanently after Stevenage ended his contract by mutual consent.
The former West Ham United academy graduate showed early promise in Hertfordshire.
Catching Boro’s attention at the Jamie Vardy V9 academy, he was signed from Bromley FC before scoring a spectacular goal against Hitchin Town in pre-season.
However, his game time was limited – playing just 17 minutes of first-team football for Darren Sarll’s side, coming on as a substitute against Millwall FC in the EFL Cup back in August.
You may also want to watch:
Turgott’s departure could be the first of many in January, with chairman Phil Wallace confirming the following in an official club statement.
“This is the first of a number of moves we will be making over the next month to reduce the squad size,” he said.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
“We have been tracking a number of players and plan to strengthen the squad in January.”