Bishops all the rage in Stotfold as ceremony marks opening of school expansion
- Credit: Archant
Bishops were all the rage in Stotfold last week for a ceremony marking the expansion of St Mary’s Church of England Academy.
Headteacher Sam Bishop welcomed Rev Michael Beasley, who is Bishop of Hertford, for a special assembly celebrating the two-storey expansion of the Rook Tree Lane school.
As well as extending the sports hall and the car park, the expansion means the school now accommodates 75 extra pupils, which takes its capacity to 300 places.
Miss Bishop said: “We are delighted with the extra space the extension has given us.
“It will greatly improve the learning environment at St Mary’s, and provide valuable school places for the growing local community.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been extremely pleased with the building work from the start and the end result is fantastic.”
Councillor Mark Versallion, who is responsible for education at the unitary authority, said: “Stotfold is a very popular area to live, which is why the council has been working hard to create extra lower school places there.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket