When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Refuse collections will continue in North Herts from tomorrow, after they were delayed for a day due to snowy conditions.
Earlier this morning, North Herts District Council announced that all bin collections were to be suspended due to "snow and icy conditions".
In a statement published online, NHDC said: "Due to the snow and icy conditions, we have suspended all collection services today (refuse, recycling, garden waste and food waste).
"Ensuring the safety of our bin crews is our top priority. Icy conditions can be unsafe for the crews and for our large collection vehicles to manoeuvre on, particularly in rural areas of the district.
"We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for your patience."
You may also want to watch:
Residents are asked to leave their bins out for collection tomorrow (January 26), and check their lids haven't frozen, as NHDC aims to empty them in the coming days.
- 1 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 2 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 3 Have you seen missing Hitchin woman?
- 4 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 5 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school
- 6 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 8 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 9 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 10 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity