Bikers deliver treats for charity
THEY don’t look like your usual Easter bunnies, but that didn’t stop these motorcycle club members delivering Easter eggs to a Comet country charity.
The Oakley Motorcycle Club (OMC) delivered the chocolate eggs to residents at Sue Ryder Stagenhoe on Easter Sunday, as part of an annual tour in which members deliver treats to charities in the Herts and Beds area.
OMC member Paul Butler said: “It was a delight to see the smiles on the faces of residents and staff alike when we started handing out Easter eggs.
“It made the ride through wet weather all the more worth it.”
The group has already agreed to return to Stagenhoe next year.
You may also want to watch:
Tracey Smith who works at the centre said: “Despite the dreary weather, many of the residents could not hold themselves back and were out with the bikes and having a try in the saddle.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair