Biggleswade time trial cyclist helps to raise £20,000 for Operation Smile during Silverstone race track challenge
- Credit: Archant
Biggleswade time trial cyclist Roy Robinson was among the more than 800 people who whipped around the iconic Silverstone motor racetrack for charity.
The day-long Silverstone Time Trial Challenge in Northamptonshire raised more than £20,000 for Operation Smile, which provides free life-changing surgeries for children in the developing world born with cleft lip and similar facial deformities.
“It was windy in places and quite a different experience,” said Roy.
“It was very good. I race most weekends and I would come back next year.”
Operation Smile chief executive Karen Jaques said: “We’d like to thank all who have shown their support.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about Operation Smile take a look at operationsmile.org.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit