Biggleswade Skate Park users committee formed to push for site improvements
- Credit: Archant
A committee of Biggleswade Skate Park users has been formed to push for improvements to be made to the site.
A group of young people have been meeting with Ken Lynch – who was instrumental in acting as facilitator of the skate park 15 years ago – ahead of approaching Central Bedfordshire Council with a plan of action.
Andy Buckley, who took a series of photos illustrating the strength of feeling among young people in the town for the skate park, believes the user group is moving in the right direction.
“It is safe to say that the young people who use the skate park are keen for updates and improvements to be made,” he said.
“They are also keen to try to enhance the image of park users after a series of acts of vandalism in the area, which some had ‘pinned’ on them.
You may also want to watch:
“Ideas are being talked about, but they are looking for sure ground before contacting the unitary authority as the last thing they want to happen is the same reaction as the demolition and loss of Sandy Skate Park when it was pointed out that there were problems with the equipment there.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal