Biggleswade Rugby Club’s first ever mixed ages tag rugby festival is hit with the kids
- Credit: Archant
It was fun in the sun at Biggleswade Rugby Club earlier this month as the first ever mixed ages tag rugby festival was held at Langford Road.
The day started with an early rise for the club’s hardy volunteers who mucked in behind the scenes, before 30 youngsters were split into teams of mixed ages and put with a team manager.
Brett Orrow, who coaches the under sixes and under sevens at the club, said: “The kids enjoyed three matches each and the top two teams fought it out in the final with the ‘tagtastic taggers’ team winning the individual plates and club trophy.
“This was finished off with a big tug of war match which everyone really enjoyed.
“With lots of extra things taking place including a barbecue, a fantastic raffle, a sweet stall, face painting and inflatables,it was a great day of family rugby.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to say a massive thank you to all those who came along, donated raffle prizes, volunteered and helped raise money for our supporting charity, Heart Research UK.
“We will be putting on more tag rugby sessions at the club.”
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home