Biggleswade Good Neighbours set for litter pick this Saturday
- Credit: Archant
The Biggleswade Good Neighbours community group has a busy year ahead, with litter picks and more in the pipeline.
The neighbours are volunteers who make a difference to the community by helping with befriending, lifts to appointments, shopping and doing odd jobs for people in Biggleswade who need a bit of extra help.
The group’s first public event of the year was at the community engagement event at the Orchard Centre on the King’s Reach estate last weekend.
A spokesman for the group said: “It was good to meet up with people from other organisations and to sign up new volunteers.”
The good neighbours’ next event is a litter-pick task force on Saturday, March 17, from 10am, based at the fire station off Chestnut Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
All are welcome to help out – gloves, bags and litter pickers will be provided by the town council.
To find out more about Biggleswade Good Neighbours or to get involved, call 07771 104255 or look them up on Facebook.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket