Biggleswade Fire Station welcome families for open day
- Credit: Archant
Biggleswade Fire Station is to open its doors tomorrow for a fun-filled day with opportunities for children and adults to learn more about fire safety.
Attractions will include a road collision demonstration, aerial platform demonstration with teddy-bear parachute drop, rock painting and more.
Station commander Andrew Lewington said: “Everyone is welcome at our open day – it’s a fantastic family day out and a great opportunity for people to come and find out about their local station and the services we provide to our local community.
“Why not mention the open day to all your friends and family? We look forward to seeing you on the big day.”
There will also be a raffle with prizes donated by local businesses, a dunk tank, a cadet assault course, a cake stall and hot food.
Firefighters will be on site to welcome families from 10am to 2pm at the station in Cheshunt Avenue.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 10 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes