Christmas lights switched on at bumper Biggleswade event
- Credit: Archant
Biggleswade’s Market Square was packed with families seeing in the festive season with the town’s Christmas lights switch-on on Friday.
The event, which started at 12 noon, had an array of stalls with gifts, treats, decorations and food.
Entertainment was provided by students from all schools across the town as well as local choirs and musicians.
Hosting the evening was Biggles FM’s Jon Godel.
The Biggleswade Carnival Court switched on the lights at 7pm, ahead of a Christmas singalong and Biggleswade Amateur Theatrical Society performance.
You may also want to watch:
The Biggleswade Town Council clerk Michael Thorn said: “We were delighted with the way this community event came together.
“We have received lots of praise for the work that the town council staff have put into the event alongside the many community groups that were involved to make it a success.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?