Biggleswade Carnival parade a super day out in the sun
- Credit: Archant
There was hardly a cloud in the sky today as the annual Biggleswade Carnival parade made its way through the town.
The parade, starting and finishing in Mead End, this year followed a theme of TV gold. It featured floats including a Top of the Pops-themed offering from the town’s amateur theatrical society, a Thunderbirds flaot from the Scouts, and more – as well as displays from groups including the Shefford Majorettes.
Photographer Andy Buckley captured many of the moments from 2pm onwards, and told the Comet the highlight was the amount of effort put into the parade.
“The Scouts’ Thunderbirds float was absolutely amazing and was a well deserved Pride of Parade winner,” he said. “It was great to see so many smiling faces. Everybody was enjoying themselves. It was a real credit to the town.”
Jane Thompson, from the Biggleswade Scouts, posted in the We Love Biggleswade Facebook group that she was “so proud” of the Thunderbirds entry.
You may also want to watch:
“The hard work of the unpaid volunteer leaders, children, parent helpers and Anderson’s Transport – we did great and we looked fab,” she said.
“Talking as the leader of Mercury Beavers, the children’s spirit was amazing.”
Money collected on the day goes to the carnival fund and will be distributed to charities at the end of the year. To find out more, see biggleswade-carnival.org.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 Road closures following crash in Letchworth