Biggleswade organisations benefit from carnival donations
- Credit: Archant
The Biggleswade Carnival Committee have awarded a number of organisations and charities cheques at their presentation night, after a successful carnival season.
Recipients included Macmillan Cancer Support, Biggleswade Safety Group, the town’s Scouts group and rugby club, The Weatherly Centre and Angela’s small cell ovarian cancer research fund at The Eve Appeal.
Chairman of the carnival committee Alan Richards said: “Every year the carnival committee organises a range of events to suit all ages, while raising money to put back into the community.
“The higlight of Carnival Week is the town parade, but we cannot put on a good show without float entrants.
“Please give some thought to supporting next year’s carnival, which is scheduled for Saturday, June 22.”
Alan – alongside this year’s Carnival Queen, Princess and Prince Kasi-Mai Wood, Izzy Walker and Elliott Cox – presented the awards earlier this month at The Biggleswade Social Club.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 8 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company