Thieves steal £5,000 worth of cigarettes from Biggleswade Asda
- Credit: Archant
Thieves have taken around £5,000 worth of cigarettes from Biggleswade’s Asda store after threatening a member of staff.
Bedfordshire Police are investigating the robbery, which happened on Wednesday night at around 8.10pm.
It is alleged that two men entered the store in Church Street and approached the kiosk and took a large amount of cigarettes.
When leaving, the men threatened a member of staff before driving off in a blue YN registered BMW Estate, but the number plates are believed to have been cloned.
The offenders were both described as being around 5ft 10in, wearing hooded jackets and masks. A third man was seen driving the car.
You may also want to watch:
Det Con David Gordon said: “We are currently following a number of lines of enquiry and we are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed this robbery or has seen a vehicle matching the description in the area.
“This incident left the victims understandably shaken up and we won’t tolerate this kind of behaviour in our county.”
Anyone with information should go to bedfordshire.police.uk/report/Report or call Bedfordshire Police on 101 quoting reference 40/20064/18.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go