Big hearts needed for fun run
There is still time to get your trainers out from under the sofa and join the Knebworth Jog in aid of the British Heart Foundation.
The sixth annual 5k event around Knebworth Park takes place on Sunday February 27 and is open to everyone who wants to raise money to combat heart disease.
Juanita Duffett , wellness manager at Stevenage Leisure, which supports the event, said the number of participants has grown steadily each year to become the “huge success” that it is now.
“Physical activity is so important in the prevention of heart disease and equally as important when recovering from a heart attack,” she said. “Which makes this annual event all the more important as it raises funds and awareness of the great work BHF do whilst inspiring people to become active.”
The entry fee is �10 for adults and �5 for children or �15 for adults on the day. The charity is appealing to participants to raise as much sponsorship money as they can, as the entry fee funds the cost of running the event safely.
If you don’t want to jog but want to help in some other way, then join the many volunteers needed on the day.
To sign up for the jog or to volunteer go to www.bhf.org.uk/knebworthhousejog or call 0808 1002109.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus