Big farm blaze near Baldock spreads to four fields
- Credit: Archant
A large field fire has broken out at a farm near Baldock this afternoon.
Emergency services were called to Quickswood Farm in Warren Lane – close to the A507 – at 1.40pm.
Fire services have confirmed that four fields are ‘well alight with burning straw’, and that the blaze is approximately 500m x 400m in size.
Ten fire engines are in attendance, with beaters and hose reels in use.
Police are also in attendance to assist with traffic management. Road closures are in place at both ends of Wallington Road.
You may also want to watch:
Herts Fire and Rescue Service is advising nearby residents to stay inside and keep their windows closed while the fire is dealt with.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit