Big band is reborn for retirement party
A RETIREMENT could be all that s needed to make Baldock s biggest ever big band come to life. Pupils, past and present, have been invited to dust off their saxophones and trumpets and get down to Knights Templar School in the town. The school is preparing
A RETIREMENT could be all that's needed to make Baldock's biggest ever big band come to life.
Pupils, past and present, have been invited to dust off their saxophones and trumpets and get down to Knights Templar School in the town.
The school is preparing to say farewell to Peter Chapman who is retiring at the end of this term after 20 years as head.
Music teacher Mike O'Neil will be trying to assemble the big band to play through some old favourites at a retirement concert to be held at the school on Saturday, March 25.
You may also want to watch:
All those that can play have been urged to contact the school on 01462 620700.
They will receive free tickets to the event, which will include a buffet lunch and a concert at 1pm.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
Another chance to say good luck to Peter is at a concert on March 21 at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage.
Tickets are available from the theatre's box office now for £5.