Biffy Clyro to headline Sonisphere
SCOTTISH rockers Biffy Clyro will headline next summer’s Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth on the Saturday night.
The three-piece Ayrshire band will make their first festival headline appearance at the Hertfordshire stately home on Saturday, July 9.
Last night’s announcement (Monday) follows news that Iowa metallers Slipknot will also headline at the three-day rock and metal event, with the opening Friday night’s big name headliner still to be revealed.
Best known for hit singles The Captain, Mountains, Bubbles and That Golden Rule, the trio’s current album, Only Revolutions, has been a permanent fixture in the UK charts for more than a year and earned the Scots a Mercury Prize nomination for Album of The Year.
Although Sonisphere 2011 will see Biffy elevated to headline status for the first time, Simon Neil and brothers James Johnston and Ben Johnston are no strangers to playing to 50,000 plus fans, having supported Muse at Wembley Stadium earlier this year and won the critics’ choice at the 2010 UK Festival Awards in honour of their Glastonbury performance.
You may also want to watch:
Biffy Clyro are also due to support Foo Fighters at Milton Keynes Bowl next summer.
Tickets for the UK leg of the touring Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth from July 8 to July 10 go on sale later this week.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair