Bid to extend youth club
PARENTS are being invited to attend a youth club meeting hoping it will lead to the club opening its doors for an extra day each week. Organisers of Biggleswade Youth Club in Mead End are seeking the support of parents so youngsters between 12 and 14 year
PARENTS are being invited to attend a youth club meeting hoping it will lead to the club opening its doors for an extra day each week.
Organisers of Biggleswade Youth Club in Mead End are seeking the support of parents so youngsters between 12 and 14 years old can have their own night on a Thursday.
The club is currently only open on a Thursday night for older teenagers.
During the coming weeks more equipment for five-a-side football, air hockey, basketball, table tennis and snooker will arrive at the club courtesy of a £3,400 grant from the Bedfordshire Police Authority.
The special meeting for parents is being held at the club next Wednesday, January 11, at 7.30pm.
"We would like to open the club another night in the week for the young kids in Biggleswade who have nowhere to go and nothing to do in the evenings," said club spokesman Ken Lynch.
- 1 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 4 'Grave concerns' over survival of hospitality businesses amid rising costs
- 5 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 6 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 7 Vulnerable woman is victim of alleged theft in Hitchin
- 8 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 9 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 10 National award for Hitchin property company
"What we now need is the support of parents to act as volunteers to work alongside the youngsters.
"If we can get enough volunteers then we will hopefully be able to open the youth club on a Tuesday night as well as a Thursday.