Betty Game Opportunities Trust marks 10th anniversary in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The Betty Game Opportunities Trust is celebrating its 10th anniversary with its annual garden party on Wednesday.
The charity offers grants to mature students in Stevenage who may need help with the cost of university. It was set up by friends of Betty Game in her memory, following her death in 2009.
Ten years on, the charities annual fundraising garden party will take place at trustee Margaret Ashby's house in the Old Town.
The event will include food, drink, cake and a raffle to raise money for the cause, and will run from 2.30pm to 5pm at 10 Pound Avenue.
Funds go to providing small grants to individuals returning to education later in life and might need help with the cost of books or equipment in SG1 and SG2 postcode areas.
You may also want to watch:
Applications from anyone living in Stevenage who would like some financial support are welcome.
For further information, go to www.bgot.org.uk.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 7 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn