Better Pensions Deal’ On Horizon For Women
WOMEN could soon be getting a better pensions deal, it has been announced. New pension plans for females will feature in the Government s forthcoming pensions White Paper. Work and Pensions Secretary John Hutton said that a new deal for women would enta
WOMEN could soon be getting a better pensions deal, it has been announced.
New pension plans for females will feature in the Government's forthcoming pensions White Paper.
Work and Pensions Secretary John Hutton said that a new deal for women would entail women being given enhanced national insurance credits, which could mean working for fewer years to gain the full state pension.
But he ruled out the chance of a new state pension entitlement based on residency alone, saying it would not improve the position of older women fast enough.
You may also want to watch:
He added that the Government's pension proposals meant that an extra 270,000 women would be entitled to a full state pension from 2020.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit