Best paw forward for muddy money - why not take a lead in fundraising for Garden House Hospice at February’s Norton event?
- Credit: Archant
If you want to take a lead in helping raise funds for the Garden House Hospice in the new year, then don’t miss out on the chance to go walkies in one of the loveliest parts of North Herts.
The Letchworth-based hospice, which provides care and support for patients and their families from across North Herts and Stevenage, is organising a Muddy Mutts and Super Heroes fundraiser in February.
It’s billed as a great fun event that all the family can enjoy – even if you are the one who does the washing afterwards.
The route will take supporters and their four-legged friends around the Norton Common nature reserve.
Younger walkers are invited to dress up as super heroes, but that’s not compulsory, while grown-ups can wear woollies and wellies.
Admission is just £5 per dog – anyone on two legs goes free, but is encouraged to raise as much sponsorship as possible for the hospice, which needs to raise more than £1 million a year to maintain current services.
Every penny raised will benefit patients and their families who will need the specialist care provided free of charge at Garden House Hospice.
- 1 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 2 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 4 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 7 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 8 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 9 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 10 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
Diane Postance, who is a senior health care assistant at the Gillison Close hospice has already signed up for the walk, along with her collie Laini.
Diane said: “It is great for us to be part of this event as I like to walk to keep fit. The fact that I can do this with Laini while raising money will be such good fun.”
If you’d like to pull on your wellies and join them, contact Cathy White at email@example.com or call 01462 679540.