Ben May signs for Boro
Ex-Iron and Millwall forward signs on free transfer
STEVENAGE have signed striker Ben May.
The 26-year-old comes to the Lamex Stadium with Championship experience having had spells with Millwall and Scunthorpe.
He was a free agent after being released by The Iron back in June and impressed manager Graham Westley enough during a recent trial for him to be offered a deal.
However, he will not pull on the Boro No.12 shirt for at least another 3-4 weeks after undergoing back surgery in the summer.
You may also want to watch:
May was Millwall’s top scorer and Player of the Year in 2006 but was unable to prevent the Lion’s relegation from the second-tier.
He has also had spells at Colchester and Brentford and has notched 34 goals in 223 club appearances.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell