Ben Kennedy signs new contract with Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Teenage talent Ben Kennedy has signed an improved three-year contract with Stevenage.
The 18-year-old Northern Irishman broke into the Boro first team last season and although he had hip surgery and missed the start of the Sky Bet League Two season is back in first team action.
Kennedy has scored in the previous two games against both Dagenham & Redbridge and Exeter.
Stevenage chairman Phil Wallace, said: “The fact that Ben is playing Football League games again just 11 or 12 weeks post-op is amazing in itself and testament to how highly he’s regarded by the club.
“At 18 he will no doubt have his ups and downs but we think he can learn a lot in the position he plays from [manager] Teddy Sheringham and we’re looking forward to seeing him improving along with our other younger players.”
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage entertain Wycombe Wanderers in the league on Saturday before travelling to Portsmouth on Tuesday night.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket