Beer we go: Hitchin Beer Festival set to be biggest yet
- Credit: Archant
“More beer and cider” is promised for this year’s Hitchin Beer Festival, now just two weeks away.
For the second year running the festival, backed by the Comet, will be held at Hitchin Rugby Club, just off Old Hale Way.
Doors open on June 12 at 5pm, and midday on June 13 and 14, with last orders at 11pm.
Jon Kirby, the festival’s organiser, said: “Last year’s festival was a great success. It was a new format for the festival due to the refurbishment of the town hall. But with a new partner in Hitchin Rugby Club, we had an excellent venue and a lot more volunteers. This year’s festival is shaping up to be just as good if not better than last year. Firstly and most importantly, we have ordered more beer and a lot more cider.
“We also have some amazing food stalls like last year. We welcome back NowNow and their amazing South African curries, chef Martin Burke serving one-handed food and the rugby club barbecue and olive stall. We have also widened the selection of food available and will have more vegetarian options.”
You may also want to watch:
This year’s marquee is almost double the size of last year’s with the bar going the full length. Organisers have listened to feedback and will be providing more chairs and tables throughout the venue – not to mention two luxury toilet blocks which will be situated in the car park.
“Putting on a successful festival is not possible without the volunteers from North Herts CAMRA, Hitchin Round Table, and Hitchin Rugby Club, as well as the financial backing from our generous sponsors,” Mr Kirby added.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go