Bedfordshire Police officers take part in Movember
MORE than 75 officers and staff members from a police force will be mimicking famous moustache wearers such as Charlie Chaplin, Daley Thompson and Freddie Mercury as they put away their razor for the month of November to raise funds for a range of prostate and testicular cancer initiatives.
Members of the Bedfordshire Police force have been spurred into action after a colleague Pc Nathan Peters was diagnosed with testicular cancer earlier this year.
The 27-year-old said: “Finding out that you have cancer is quite possibly the scariest thing in the world but I have been completely overwhelmed by all of the support that I have received from my colleagues.
“Movember is a great cause and it is so important that people are educated about men’s health issues. In my case I suffered a terrible pain while on duty back in April and this prompted me to get it checked out. The doctor confirmed that it was cancer and my treatment process began soon afterwards. It sounds strange to say it but I am so thankful for that pain.”
Pc Peters won’t be able to participate in Movember this time around as he will lose his hair due to the treatment he is having.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to the Bedfordshire Police Movember team visit www.movember.com and search ‘Bedfordshire Police’.
Are you taking part in Movember? If so, get in touch with your story and photos.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Anyone interested in supporting this cause can log on to www.uk.movember.com