Bedfordshire homes targeted in burglary spate
- Credit: Archant
Police officers will be offering advice to residents next week in a bid to curb a spate of burglaries.
Properties in Stotfold, Arlesey, Meppershall and Clifton were targeted during November, with six burglaries in Stotfold reported to police over a three-week period.
Burglars are said to be targeting mostly larger, detached houses or end of terrace properties, as well as those easily accessed from the rear.
One of the burglaries took place in Stotfold Road, Arlesey, on Friday, when an offender gained access the back garden through an insecure side gate and then forced open the back door. A coin collection was taken.
Police will be holding a special burglary awareness project next week which will see officers visit Arlesey and Stotfold on December 10 and Shefford, Clifton and Meppershall on December 13 to give advice.
You may also want to watch:
Bedfordshire Police’s Bobby Van will also be offering elderly and vunerable people free security checks under a scheme supported by the Bedfordshire Police Partnership Trust.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision