Become the next Victoria Pendleton in Olympic Games event
AN Olympic themed cycle event will be held in a bid to attract teenagers to the sport and even become the next Victoria Pendleton.
Cycle Club Ashwell will be hosting the go-ride cycling event in an aim to introduce under 16s to the sport of cycling.
The games, co-ordinated by British Cycling, will be held on the Cycle Club Ashwell grass track at Small Gains Lane, Ashwell on August 16 at 3pm.
The riders will take part in an action-packed programme using the skills which they’ll be previously taught during coaching sessions.
“We are really looking forward to this special event which we hope will attract lots of young riders who have been inspired by the performances of Team GB at the Olympic Games,” said club secretary, Tim Duckett.
You may also want to watch:
“We think these grassroots races are absolutely crucial if we are to make sure the London Games leaves a lasting legacy through inspiring young people to take up sport,” he added.
If you’re under 16, email email@example.com to book a place.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
Bikes and helmets will be provided.