Become the next Victoria Pendleton in Olympic Games event
AN Olympic themed cycle event will be held in a bid to attract teenagers to the sport and even become the next Victoria Pendleton.
Cycle Club Ashwell will be hosting the go-ride cycling event in an aim to introduce under 16s to the sport of cycling.
The games, co-ordinated by British Cycling, will be held on the Cycle Club Ashwell grass track at Small Gains Lane, Ashwell on August 16 at 3pm.
The riders will take part in an action-packed programme using the skills which they’ll be previously taught during coaching sessions.
“We are really looking forward to this special event which we hope will attract lots of young riders who have been inspired by the performances of Team GB at the Olympic Games,” said club secretary, Tim Duckett.
“We think these grassroots races are absolutely crucial if we are to make sure the London Games leaves a lasting legacy through inspiring young people to take up sport,” he added.
If you’re under 16, email email@example.com to book a place.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 3 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 4 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 5 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 6 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 7 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 8 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 9 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
- 10 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
Bikes and helmets will be provided.