Beauty queens miss out on national crown
TWO hopefuls from Comet country who were finalists in Miss England 2006 both missed out on the top prize. Hayley Kruse, 17, from Stotfold, and Stacey Gore, 20, from Baldock, went into last week s competition holding the titles of Miss Hertfordshire and Mi
TWO hopefuls from Comet country who were finalists in Miss England 2006 both missed out on the top prize.
Hayley Kruse, 17, from Stotfold, and Stacey Gore, 20, from Baldock, went into last week's competition holding the titles of Miss Hertfordshire and Miss Milton Keynes, respectively.
They were among 68 competitors who attended the event in Leicester but both were unable to make it through to the final 20.
As part of the competition the girls were divided up into six county groups and had to perform a talent for 90 seconds. Hayley performed a dance routine while Stacey performed a monologue.
You may also want to watch:
Hayley Kruse said: "Stacey and I were lucky enough to be placed in the same county group - Home Counties and East Anglia - and we got on great, but we were both not lucky enough to get through to the final 20.
"It was a great experience and about £7,500 was raised for charity by the contestants.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 7 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain