Beat the Blue Monday blues in Letchworth and Stevenage
- Credit: Jason Lock
To relieve those January blues bingo fans are being encouraged to don a onesie and raise some money for charity.
The Mecca Bingo centre in Stevenage town centre is hosting the event today to raise some money for their partnered charity Carers Trust, which supports unpaid carers.
Pictured above are general manager Helena Taylor and operations manager Ian Summerscales getting in the mood for the big event.
The third Monday in January has been nicknamed Blue Monday as millions of people struggle with December credit card bills, failed resolutions and gloomy weather.
Mecca is hoping to reverse this trend and get everyone back in the party mood.
You may also want to watch:
The venue’s general manager Nick Cook said: “The onesie charity event will be a great opportunity to make people smile and for customers to enjoy a fun day out with friends and family, whilst helping to raise funds for a very worthy cause.”
For more call Mecca Stevenage on 01438 312834 and to donate to the Carers Trust visit www.justgiving.com/RanksCaresOnesieDay.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
While a charity is offering innovative health programmes this year to combat Blue Monday negativity.
Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living is kicking off more than 80 classes today – including yoga, Pilates and mindfulness – which aim to have a positive effect on wellbeing.
The centre also runs a counselling service.
For more information visit www.letchworthcentre.org, email email@example.com or call the centre on 01462 678004.