Beardsley eager to crack on
CHRIS Beardsley is looking to crack on after netting his first goal for the club in Wednesday night s 2-1 win over Chelmsford City. The former Kettering striker came off the bench to net the winner in the 83rd minute and admitted he was just pleased to
CHRIS Beardsley is looking to 'crack on' after netting his first goal for the club in Wednesday night's 2-1 win over Chelmsford City.
The former Kettering striker came off the bench to net the winner in the 83rd minute and admitted he was just pleased to put away the chance when it came his way.
"It's nice to get it (the first goal) out of the way and done with. It was pleasing to win and pleasing to get on the pitch.
"It got to the stage were it got a bit scrappy in the last half an hour. You're trying to get involved in the game and sometimes the constant substitutions disrupt the flow but I'm just pleased to get a chance a put it away."
You may also want to watch:
Boro take on League One side Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday and Beardsley says the squad will be looking to build on their opening performance.
"It's a home game so it'll be the first time out in front of the home fans this season and I think everyone in the team will be looking to crack on and get the first home game out of the way."
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
Boro boss Graham Westley has a plethora of strikers at his disposal and while some players may be concerned about that level of competition Beardsley is relishing it.
"I think it's brilliant that when we go away to do shooting practice with the strikers, there's five, six or seven of us instead of just having two or three. If there's five, six or seven of us we can do proper drills, there's a healthy competition and there's a good variety which in the Conference I think you're going to need.