Beardsley and Parrett return to training
- Credit: Archant
Chris Beardsley and Dean Parrett have been cleared to return to full training.
Speaking at Stevenage’s training base at Bragbury End today, manager Graham Westley said both will start training with the squad following knee injures.
“Beardo came back into full training today,” he said.
“He’s nearly back and running; it’ll take time to get him fit and it’s a case of nursing him as we have Calvin.
“I don’t think we’ll see him in a shirt any time soon but he’s back in training, which is the start of the road.”
You may also want to watch:
Parrett’s recovery from injury has been quicker than many expected – he’s less than six months removed from rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament against MK Dons, but his surgeon has given him the all clear.
“Parrett is progressing nicely and he can now training fully, with full contract which is the stage before you’re ready to go,” added Westley
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
“It’s been a quick road for Dean, bearing in mind the injury he had. He’s worked very hard and deserves credit for that and it will be nice to get him back.”