BBC's Pam helps out in RSPCA week
PRESENTER of BBC Songs of Praise, Pam Rhodes, will be helping out during RSPCA week. As a keen supporter of the Hertfordshire East branch, who also boards cats at her cat lodge in Biggleswade, she will be at Tesco in Baldock on Monday (April 23) trying to
PRESENTER of BBC Songs of Praise, Pam Rhodes, will be helping out during RSPCA week.
As a keen supporter of the Hertfordshire East branch, who also boards cats at her cat lodge in Biggleswade, she will be at Tesco in Baldock on Monday (April 23) trying to raise funds.
The branch is making a desperate appeal for volunteers during the week, where fundraisers from all over the country will be collecting cash and pet food donations in selected Tesco stores, including Stevenage, to help their local branch.
RSPCA Herts East branch secretary Pat Trussell said: "The money and food collected during RSPCA week is vital for the branch to continue its work for local animals.
You may also want to watch:
"Last year we raised over £5,000, all of which is spent on animal welfare.
"We always need volunteers, not just for fundraising, but for a wide range of activities.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
"Any offer of help is gratefully received - there is no minimum time for volunteering, if fact even if you can spare just two hours a week, every little helps!"
To find out more about volunteering or for information on re-homing an animal call 01462 681126 or visit www.rspca.org.uk.