BBC One’s Dr Foster star Suranne Jones is back filming in Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Camera crews reappeared in Hitchin’s Market Place today to shoot further scenes for a BBC One drama.
The team, which first visited the town in March were filming for a forthcoming five-part drama series called Dr Foster featuring Suranne Jones, Bertie Carvel and Robert Pugh.
In the show Hitchin represents the fictional town of Parminster with well-known places such as Windmill Hill, Churchyard Walk, Sun Street and Market Place set to feature in the programme.
The series is centred around Suranne Jones’s character Dr Foster, who suspects her husband is having an affair, and is determined to find out the truth – leading to dramatic consequences.
Former Coronation Street star Ms Jones was in scenes shot in and around the Rose and Crown pub in Market Place, with the pub’s Twitter feed saying: “BBC One filming Dr Foster outside,” before adding an image of her being filmed at the bar.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030