Barrio Fiesta relocated from Stevenage’s Fairlands Valley Park due to ‘health and safety’ issues
- Credit: Archant
A festival of Filipino culture due to take place in Stevenage on Saturday and Sunday has been moved to Hatfield. The Barrio Fiesta Hertfordshire, an annual celebration of Filipino and international culture, music and dance, was due to take place at Fairlands Valley Showground but festival organisers have said the event has had to be moved at the last minute to due ‘health and safety concerns’.
It will now take place at the Forum Hertfordshire in Hatfield on Saturday only between 9am and 9pm.
The line up remains the same with a host of bands, dance acts, and cultural stalls.
X Factor finalists Union J will headline.
Tickets are priced between £5 and £35 and are available from www.skiddle.com.
You may also want to watch:
We will have updates on the reasons behind the decision later in the week.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket