Children’s support charity appeals for Sandy volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A children’s charity has put out a desperate appeal for volunteers to donate their time to its Sandy centre.
Area manager Luke Grogan said: “Volunteers are the backbone of our shop and we couldn’t exist without them.”
Luke’s team needs volunteers to work the till, sort and prepare stock and help with window displays and pricing at the donation centre in Market Square.
Luke said: “The Sandy donation centre is a real treasure trove of different goods – and as well as volunteers, we want to appeal to shoppers to come in and have a browse.
“While we have many regular customers, I think new customers will be pleasantly surprised by the range and quality of the stock that we have to offer.”
You may also want to watch:
Barnardo’s supported more than 300,000 children, young people, parents and carers across the UK last year.
To find out more call 01767 699285, visit the shop, or see barnardos.org.uk/shop.
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal